... part of the Web Site of George North -- Back to Site Index
Franklin High School, Fractals, Tutorial 7, Case Problem 3
This is a graded assignment, worth
The purpose of this assignment is:
Learn how to include multimedia in WebSites by embedding audio, video, and Java Apples.
Item# Points - description
- 0 points - no graded Canvas Discussions for Week 10, but, there are some interesting Forums, check it out!!!
- 9 points - Tutorial 7's Example WebSite, Jumbo Popcorn.
- 11 points - Discussion of WebSite Elements.
- 20 points - The repeating Rubric Items from past Assignments. These are: (1) start with HTML Template; (2) use a folder; (3) HTML and (4) CSS are well documented/commented. (5) HTML is error free as certified by W3C Markup Validator. (6) CSS style sheet(s) are error free as certified by W3C CSS Validation Service; (7) Web pages have visual appeal, are themed, and are easy to navigate (as judged by George), you remember. So, you tell me your design ideas when you write your WebSite Elements, and I will take that into consideration when forming my own opinion. In other words, you tell me why your WebSite looks good, and you will earn most of these points.
- 20 points - A video element that includes controls that loop back when finished.
- 5 points - A graphic as a poster image for the video element.
- 25 points - Use the menu on left side of your fractal WebPage to link to sites external to yours that are related to fractals and to Benoit Mandelbrot. Use these links to add value to your WebPage. Please don't limit yourself to the existing menu text. One point for each link, 25 points total. For 25 points, you should take extra time, make it look/be special.
- 0 points - PLEASE, if you feel that you have a valid reason why your WebSite didn't meet a Grading Rubric Item, use your WebSite Elements essay to explain such. For example, you may have one error from W3C MarkUp Validator that you feel is not really an error. Explain why, you will likely get full credit.
- 10 points (extra credit) - An object element that contains a Java applet. You earn extra credit by completing items 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 from the Textbook description of Case Problem 3.
, make sure you link your WebSite Elements WebPage and your Franklin High School WebPage to/from the your Jumbo Popcorn WebPage. For grading purposes, you need to make navigation from page to page as easy as possible. Because the pages of your WebSite are linked together, when you send eMail to George to turn-in this assignment, you need only to include the URL to the main WebPage.
90 points - TOTAL
Did you read this week's News yet? Did you read the Case Problem page yet? There are links at the top of this page.
Last week was the final opportunity to earn points by participating in Canvas discussions. There are new and interesting forums available this week, including a new picture that needs identifying. Your participation is appreciated. The name of each discussion begins with "Week 10", indicating that it is to be used during Week 10 of class.
Franklin High School, Fractals
See the Case Problem page for more information on how to proceed. See info on Needed Data Files. See info on What to do.