Calendar of Events
GSSA Spring Final Exam Study/Grading Break
May 4th, 2-4pm in the SSE Quad!
Come join your fellow graduate students for a mid-finals break from studying and grading to enjoy Snowballs and Gellato!
GSSA Annual Crawfish Boil
Friday, April 13th, from 5:30-8:30 pm in the Zimple Quad (Corner of Broadway and Zimple)
Come join your fellow graduate students for our annual crawfish boil! Tulane IDs and State IDs required for Crawfish and Alcohol, respectively. Each graduate student may bring a guest with them
GSSA Citywide Scaventer Hunt
Friday, March 24th, from 11 am - 5 pm
Meet up at the LBC Quad starting at 10:30 am for lists and instructions, the hunt starts at 11!
Winners will be announced at an after-party event starting at 5:30 pm at Doors Pub on Maple Street
- Maximum of 5 people per team, some items may require 2-3 people. Teams can register using the form below.
- Individuals may register without a team, and teams will be assigned by Cooper Battle
- Prizes will be given for 1st and 2nd place teams at the After Party!
GSSA Trivia Night @ The Doors
Tuesday, January 24th, 2012 @ Doors Pub & Pizza on Maple Street
Doors open at 6pm, Trvia game 7-9pm
- Free admission, pizza and beverages with VALID GRAD STUDENT ID
- Come meet other grads in a game of friendly competition
- 6 person team limit
- Pre-register team to reserve table - table space is limited!
- Prizes awarded
E-mail Jennifer Saracino at firstname.lastname@example.org to pre-register your team and add significant others or friends to guest list. No Tulane ID - no entry!
Graduate and Professional Student Association (GAPSA) Mixer
Friday, January 20th, 2012 8 pm at Generations Hall Downtown (310 Andrew Wiggins Drive)
Take a break from studying to come mix and mingle with students from all of Tulane's graduate and professional schools!
- Free for all Tulane Graduate and Professional Students with current student ID (plus 1 guest)
- There will be DJ music, dancing, and free food, juice and soft drinks
- Cash Bar: $1 wells; $2 calls, beer and wine; $3 premiums
Questions? Join the Facebook event or email GAPSA EVP Natalie Maples (email@example.com)
GSSA Pie Study Break
Wednesday, December 14th, 3:30-5:30 pm in the Boggs Lobby
Come enjoy pie and ice cream in between studying for or preparing to give finals!
GSSA Representative Mixer
Thursday, December 1st from 6-8 pm at St Joe's Bar on Magazine St.
Come get to know your fellow GSSA representatives in a casual setting.
GSSA Fall Festival at The Fly
Sunday, December 4th from 11 AM to 3 PM at The Fly
Come enjoy some good Fall weather at the Fly with fellow graduate students!
Snacks and sides as well as Chicken and Sausage Gumbo will be available, as will hot apple cider and other non-alcoholic drinks.
- Pumpkin Pie Bake-Off: Bring your best pie, and be prepared to share the results!
- Chili Cook-Off: Prefer a heartier dish? Make a batch of your best chili- vegetarian or meaty, spicy or mild.
- Sack Race and Three-Legged Race- old favorites and new competition
- 11am-12:30 pm: Lunch, drinks, snacks & Setup
- 12:30 pm: Chili Cook Off Judging
- 1:00 pm: Pumpkin Pie Bake Off Judging
- 1:30 pm: Sack Race
- 2:00 pm: Three-Legged Race
- 2:30 pm: Award Announcement
GSSA-GBC Student Business Plan Mixer
Tuesday, November 15th at the Oak Wine Bar from 7 - 9 pm
Come network with other students about potential ideas for the upcoming Tulane Business Plan Competition (winner receives up to $70K!). Drinks and food will be provided!
Graduate students from Liberal Arts and Science and Engineering are invited to a networking mixer with Business students. Combine knowledge from your area of expertise or simply your diverse background with people who have experience writing business plans.
If you're interested in attending, please RSVP to Loxley Battle with your name, area of study, and if possible, a sentence or two about the idea(s) you are interested in discussing to help facilitate mixing.