About GSSA/OGPS Travel Funding
The Graduate Student Studies Association / Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Travel Awards are granted to graduate students at Tulane. If you are unsure of whether your department or program is covered, please contact the GSSA President.
This travel award only covers registration and travel expenses. There are new combined funding caps, as follows:
Travel Award Amounts:
- Up to $500 once per year OR $250 twice per year for presenting at a conference.
- Up to $200 once per year for attending a conference, which can be combined with one $250 presenting award in a year.
- Additionally, funding will be given out in discreet application periods, as shown below. Available funding for a period will be proportionally split between all applicants in that period.
To Apply for Travel Funding:
1. Please refer to the Application Period Chart provided below before applying for the award online.
|Application Period Chart|
|Conference Start Date||Application Deadline|
|January 1 - April 30||December 15th|
|May 1 - August 31||April 15th|
|September 1 - December 31||August 15th|
2. All decisions will be made within 2 weeks of the application deadline. If you do not yet have confirmation of your presentation, your award will be pending acceptance of your abstract.
3. If your travel award application is approved, you will receive news of this approval and future status updates/directions from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this is an automatic administrative account, so do not direct any queries to this account.
To Get Reimbursed for Travel Funding:
The GSSA Travel Award can only be used for conference registration and travel (plane fare, gas, etc.). Food and Lodging expenses WILL NOT BE reimbursed.
1. To receive reimbursement for a "presenting award", you must include a conference program or some item to prove that you, in fact, presented.
2. Follow the instructions provided by the Reimbursement Checklist
3. All reimbursement forms and materials must be signed by an active departmental representative. No exceptions will be made. Beginning on Wednesday, September 18th, you will have 30 days after the last day of the conference to turn in your forms and have them approved. No exceptions will be made without approval before the conference start date.
In case of any questions or concerns, please contact the Treasurer directly.