About GSSA Travel Funding
The Graduate Student Studies Association (GSSA) Travel Awards are granted to graduate students from departments that are in good standing with GSSA. To check if your department is in good standing, check the list of eligible departments. If your department is not currently eligible for awards and you would like to establish good standing with GSSA, please contact the GSSA President.
Each graduate student is only eligible for ONE award per year. This travel award only covers registration and travel expenses.
Travel Award Amounts:
Presenting award: $250 total
Attending award: $200 total
To Apply for Travel Funding:
1. Please refer to the Application Period Chart provided below before applying for the award online.
|Application Period Chart|
|Conference Start Date||Application Period|
|July 1 - September 30||(June 15 - September 15)**|
|October 1 - December 31||September 15 - December 15|
|January 1 - March 31||December 15 - March 15|
|April 1 - June 30||March 15 - June 15|
** Due to the change in fiscal year on June 30, all decisions for June 15-August 15 application period will be sent out on or after July 1
2. All travel award applications must be made at least 2 weeks before the start date of the conference
3. If your travel award application is approved, you will receive news of this approval and future status updates/directions from email@example.com. Please note that this is an automatic administrative account, so do not direct any queries to this account.
To Get Reimbursed for Travel Funding:
The GSSA Travel Award can only be used for conference registration and travel (plane fare, gas, etc.). Food and Lodging expenses WILL NOT BE reimbursed.
1. To receive reimbursement for a "presenting award", you must include a conference program or some item to prove that you, in fact, presented.
2. Follow the instructions provided by the Reimbursement Checklist
3. All reimbursement forms and materials must be submitted to GSSA within 6 weeks of the last day of the conference. No exceptions will be made.
In case of any questions or concerns, please contact the Treasurer directly.