Back to Ruscher's
- Required for graduate students in psychology, Psyc609 covers the logic
experimental design and provides an overview of basic statistical procedures
used to draw inferences from data. Includes analysis of variance, regression,
and chi-square tests.
- Psyc611 is the second course in the statistics sequence, designed
primarily to meet the needs of beginning graduate students in the social
sciences and undergraduate students likely to pursue graduate study in
psychology. Psyc209/212 or Psyc609 is a prerequisite.
- Social Psychology
- As the core course in social psychology, Psyc700 provides a broad overview of the
social bases of behavior, that is, the individual in social context. Topics
include group phenomena such as social facilitation, stereotyping and prejudice,
attitudes and persuasion, stress and coping, and intimate relationships. The
course is required for graduate students in the school psychology and
industrial/organizational psychology programs, as well as for psychological
science students specializing in social psychology.
Issues in Psychology
- Professional Issues in Psychology addresses ethical issues, the research process, and
professional development. The entire faculty of the Department share responsibility for the
course, periodically rotating the position of coordinator. Each week, a faculty expert leads a
discussion on topics such as IRBs, grants, teaching, professional licensing, and computer use
in psychology. All doctoral students in psychology are required to complete this
pass/fail course during the first year of graduate study.
- Psyc745, the seminar in attitudes and persuasion,
provides an in-depth examination
of how attitudes are formed, measured, and cognitively represented as well as
classic and contemporary models of persuasion. Psyc700(social psychology) is a
prerequisite for this course.
- Social Cognition
- The seminar in social cognition (Psyc749) provides an in-depth examination of the
theories and methods of cognitive social psychology. Topics include attribution,
schema use, person memory, and social inference. Psyc700 (social psychology) is