Project One is fully funded for equipment, space, media, web storage and a host of other items, but that funding does not completely cover housing, meals and some activities for participants. Because of that, we ask that each participant pay $230 to help cover those expenses. The fee is payable by check or cash at the start of the program.
Project participants are responsible for getting to New Orleans and Tulane by 8 p.m. Sunday, August 15. Please check the Tulane Travel Portal for possible deals on flights to New Orleans and the Airport Shuttle for transportation to campus. For travel questions, please contact the Project One Director at 504-865-5141.
Medical Information Form
If you are selected to participate in Project One, you will be asked to complete a medical information form. The form will request your insurance information, your height and weight, and whether you have allergies, any chronic conditions, past surgeries, etc. You will also be asked if you have any dietary restrictions or preferences. Please e-mail it to the Project One Director.
Suggested Packing List
We ask that you only bring one suitcase or large bag for the week and that you have the rest of your belongings brought or shipped to arrive Saturday, August 21 (move-in day).
For those of you who attended summer orientation, there's no need to tell you that it will be hot during the pre-orientation program. The list below will help you pick what to bring to meet the heat or download the pdf.
- Comfortable hot-weather clothing - shorts and shirts
- Tennis shoes (or other comfortable closed shoes) and flip flops
- One set of casual but non-denim clothing (skirt and tee for women, khakis and shirt for men)
- Hat and sunglasses
- Light sweater or sweatshirt -- many spaces are over air-conditioned
- Sleep clothes
- Umbrella (we get frequent mid-afternoon showers!)
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Sheets for a standard twin bed and a blanket
- Sleeping bag
- Towels (one for your dorm, one for swimming)
- Alarm clock
- Spending money (for buying souvenirs, one or two meals and some snacks)