PROJECT ONE: pre-orientation program
Project One pre-orientation program runs from Sunday, August 15 through Friday, August 20. Participants in the pre-orientation program will also have the opportunity to continue adding to the project throughout the year. Students working with Project One will:
- create a multimedia documentary project about the ways Louisianians tell their stories
- move to campus a week early
- meet the members of Tulane Student Media
- get a head start getting to know Tulane, New Orleans and its surrounding communities
Project One is multimedia: we’ll be working with video, audio, web, written words, still photography, etc. We’ll examine diverse topics, from oral history traditions in New Orleans East to satire in Muses and Krewe D’Etat Mardi Gras floats; from a swamp pop radio station “down the bayou” to the local all-talk WWL 870AM.
No experience needed.
Project One starts Sunday, August 15 and continues until move-in morning. Participants are responsible for traveling to New Orleans and should arrive at Tulane no later than 8 p.m. Sunday, August 15. There is an airport shuttle from the airport to campus.
The cost is $230 (housing, most meals, activities and supplies). Students will be housed in the Tulane residence halls. Every effort will be made to move participants into their permanent rooms, but that may not be possible in all cases.
Summertime means life is slow for Tulane Student Media, but it hasn't come to a full stop. Read on.
- WTUL is on the air all summer, 24-hours a day. Listen here.
- The 2010 Tulane Review is out! Find the Tulane University literary journal at your neighborhood coffeeshop, or in the LBC on the Tulane campus.
- The Hullabaloo is on summer break and will not be published until fall. The date of the first paper is Friday, August 20. This issue is delivered to the dorm and is waiting when the new freshmen move in. For advertising information, please contact the Hullabaloo Advertising Manager.
- The Messenger multicultural online newspaper is looking for a few good souls to help us revamp for 2010-2011. Writers, photographers, business folk, designers -- any interested students -- are welcome. Please e-mail the Messenger Adviser Tel Francois Bailliet to learn how to get involved.
- Save the date: Friday, August 27 at 4 p.m. is the Student Organizations Activities Expo in the Tulane Lavin-Bernick Center. Make sure to be there to sign up to be a member of all the coolest media groups!