Tulane Russian Club attempts to introduce Russian Culture and language on campus.
Article I: Name
The name of the organization constituted herein shall be Tulane Russian Club.
Article II: Purpose
The purpose of this organization is to help students to learn Russian language outside of the classroom and to increase studentís interest in the Russian culture. Russian clubís activities include movie nights, Russian meals, speaking in Russian.
Article III: Membership
- Any student, faculty, and staff of Tulane University may become a member of Tulane Russian Club.
- Active members are required to attend meetings as often as possible. Any student considered an active member shall also be a voting member.
- Faculty, staff, and students who do not attend the minimum amount of meetings shall be inactive members.
Article IV: Meetings
- Regular Meetings: Regular club meetings of Tulane Russian Club will be held once a month throughout the school year.
- Special meetings: The president will call special meetings when deemed necessary.
- Rules of order: Meetings are called to order and adjourned by the president.
- Quorum: Quorum shall be defined as fifty percent (50%) plus one (1) of the total active membership.
Article VI: Dues
NO fees to join the club or to participate in the events.
Article VII: Officers
- Number and Method of Elections:
- There shall be a president, a vice-president, a secretary, and a treasurer.
- Tulane Russian Club shall elect from the active membership a president, a vice-president, secretary, and a treasurer.
- Elections are to be held by the first weeks of March. The voting will be a secret ballot process with the winner obtaining a simple majority vote.
- All election shall be by simple majority (50% plus 1) of quorum.
- Terms of Office:
Officers shall be elected annually during the first two weeks of April, to assume office after a two-week transition period, and shall serve one academic year. Any member may propose a new office. The election of this officer may be held at any point during the year.
- Executive Board
The elected officials including the President, Vice-president, treasurer, and secretary shall constitute the Executive Board.
- Duties of Office
- The President shall:
- Preside over all meetings of Tulane Russian Club.
- Provide leadership to the club.
- Establish regular meetings.
- The vice-president shall:
- Fulfill the duties of the President in case of his/her absence.
- The treasurer shall:
- Be responsible for the preparation and updating of the organizationís budget as appropriate and for the proper and timely expenditure of the budget.
- The secretary shall:
- Record file minutes at all meetings.
- Keep a list of members of the club.
- The President shall:
- Removal of officers
- Officers who do not fulfill their responsibilities or knowingly hinder the development of Tulane Russian Club may be removed from office.
- Removal charges must be given to the president in writing. Written notification will then be given to the accused officer and he/she will have one week to prepare a defense. The president shall then call a meeting of Tulane Russian Club. At that time, the accused officer will present his/her defense and vote will be taken.
- Officers shall be removed be a two-third (2/3) vote of quorum.
Article VII: Committees
Article VIII: Faculty Advisor
This Faculty members of Tulane University may become Faculty advisors by simple majority (50% plus 1) vote of quorum. Faculty advisors shall assist in the planning, supervision, and the direction of the organization.
Article IX: Amendments
- This document may be amended by a majority vote.
- Student Senate must approve the amended constitution before it is put in effect.
Article X: Review of constitution
The SBAC will review the constitution every two years, but reserves the right to review the constitution at any time.