Learn the deep and rich history of the Mississippi Delta while conducting actual archaeological research.
This field program provides students the unique opportunity to learn archaeological field and lab methods while actually in the field working on a Tulane University research project. Students will also learn about Mississippi’s unique history and have the opportunity to visit authentic and historic blues venues. Based out of Clarksdale, Mississippi, students and faculty will visit many cultural and historical landmarks, and learn firsthand, what it means to be a “Mississippian”.
Program cost is $2,500,
- upper level service learning credit
- 3 credits for ANTH 4950 – Field Methods in Archaeology
- 3 credits for ANTH 4960 – Lab Methods in Archaeology
- food, lodging, and a canoe expedition on the Mississippi River
- all transportation, including from New Orleans
A $500 deposit is due by February 20, 2015. Contact Jayur Mehta for an application.
ANTH 4950 Field Methods in Archaeology
ANTH 4960 Lab Methods in Archaeology
For More Information
125 Gibson Hall
New Orleans, LA 70118-5698