Quick Reference Page
- Create a record, using the authority record creation macro present in
the “Authority Validation Dialog” (make sure that “Authority Validation” is active in
Voyager preferences). To activate the Create
button, you must first click on the row in the Authority Validation dialog box corresponding
to the heading that you want to create.
If, in the creation process, the macro software tells you that it “can’t find information for 670 $b in the 245," you
will choose between 2 options:
- Highlight any desired information in the macro’s displayed 245 field data and click “OK”;
- Click “No 670$b” and add the 670 |b from scratch, using information in your piece.
- After the macro has created a record, check that the information was created correctly [sometimes Mac, the little macro
guy inside your PC, is asleep]:
|040||LRU |c LRU|
|1xx||identical to the heading used in the bib record|
|670||<author, title, pub’n date of bib record>: |b t.p. (<information about
1xx field, as taken from the 245|c>) [Note: The 670|b will not exist, if you chose “No 670$b”]|
- Edit the record:
- Note: you don’t need to add “|5 HT” to fields, because everything in record is ours, but if you’re
using a macro which contains that element, you may leave it in.
- Statistics: Record on the “TULANET Authority Records” statistics sheet as “Additions -- Original.”
December 7, 1999; rev. May 9, 2000
HTML document last reviewed: 9 May 2000