admission: CLEP/DSST Credit
Students enrolled in the School of Continuing Studies may receive up to 24 credits by successfully testing out of courses through College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and DSST (DANTES Defense Activity for Non-traditional Support Subject Standardized Test). Credit earned through CLEP, DSST, or any other non-standard academic work does not count toward the School's residency requirement.
For students who want help in preparing for the examinations, The College Network™ offers online Comprehensive Learning Modules. The learning modules are written by tenured professors from highly-ranked colleges and universities.
To find out more about how The College Network™ can help you successfully pass these examinations, visit tcn.learn.com/tulane.
Students interested in taking any of these examinations must contact their academic adviser for information regarding times, dates, and specific tests to be taken.
For CLEP credit in the following courses, students must score in the 75th percentile or higher:
- POLA 2100 American Government
- CHEM 1070 General Chemistry I
- MATH 1210 Calculus I
- PSYC 1000 Introduction to Psychology
- SOCI 2010 Foundations of Sociology
- BSAC 1120 Elementary Accounting
- BSBL 3400 Legal Aspects of Business
- CPST 1200 Fundamentals of IS/IT
- CSHM 2010 Humanities
- CSHS 1010 Western Civilization I
- CSHS 1020 Western Civilization II
- CSNA 2010 Natural Sciences
- BSMT 2310 Principles of Management
- BSMK 3200 Introduction to Marketing Principles
For DSST credit in the following courses, students must score in the 75th percentile or higher:
- MATH 1110 Statistics
- EENS 1110 Physical Geology
- WLHP 1800 Fundamentals of Health
- CSRL 3330 Introduction to World Religions
- SPEC 1400 Persuasive Public Speaking
- BSFN 2210 Introduction to Finance
- BSFN 3310 Money and Banking
- HRDV 3330 Introduction to Human Resources
- BSMT 3340 Organizational Behavior
CLEP/DSST credits may be transferred from other accredited institutions if they fulfill the requirements outlined above. For an overview of material covered on CLEP or DSST exams, as well as testing locations and other details, click here (for CLEP) or click here (for DSST).
NOTE: Credits awarded through CLEP/DSST or other testing may not be transferable to other Tulane divisions.